Friday, September 19, 2008

That quote is just amazingly perfect for me... I have already been lost 3 times!!! haha I have the worst sense of direction, but ya know what? it always seems to work out just fine...

So it is now Friday, and let me tell you... whew, what a week !?! Monday was the first day of school, and I taught ELEVEN different classes - children, teens and adults. On top of the jet leg and juggling the variety of classes, it was quite a job! Most classes are an hour and a half, however the little ones have a break at their school for three hours, so we pick them up and spend that time with them. We walk back to our school, give them lunch and do what you do with four and five - year - olds, to keep them entertained, while teaching them English. ¨Head, shoulders, knees and toes... If your´re happy and you know it clap your hands... The hokeey pokeey... Those niños are quite a challenge, especially with their rapid fire Catalan (not Spanish) bebe voices, not to mention the intense humidity!

Aside from all the classes, I have managed to go on a run in the mountains and one on the beach... pretty rad! Barbara is pretty active, so that works out well for me.

I also spent an evening in the city. I met up with a friend after classes. We rode bikes through the arc de triumph to a champagneria, then went for delicious tapas and sangria, and finished the night off at a unique hole in the wall bar...

Now check out my new favorite siesta spot!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a blog. Thank you KELLY for letting me know where my favorite GC is......!!! Clare, you look like all this agrees with you and sound like you are loving it. I am so glad. I hope you have emailed Meaghan. With Octoberfest starting it would be a perfect time for you two to get together. Keep posting the pics, they are great. Miss you here in Seattle.

September 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home