Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh the rain in Spain not only falls on the plains... I feel as if i am back in my lovely rainy city of Seattle... what a trick! my first week back here was so blissfully sunny with the impression that the days had begun warming up in preparation for springtime - but to my surprise the last week has brought chilled gusts of wind, gray and wet days - yuck!, i am ready for the sun to shine on down!
Along with the endless raindrops, i am battling some foreign virus, which all the kids have been oh so freely spreading around the mini town of Cabrils, needless to say my very intimate classroom - yuck ! once again. Those snotty kids - in more ways than one - have however are growing on me. All the hugs and smiles, and undeniable big brown eyes... they do melt my heart, so enough complaining.

I have enrolled in Spanish classes - yay! I have been meaning to do that ever since i moved over here, however it was impossible with my work schedule druing the fall. I had decided that when i cam back after the holidays I would rearrange some classes so I could sllow for a life outside of teaching English - goal accomplished! ... at least one checked off the endless list i behold
... so the Spanish classes? Indeed I did study in college - must I explain that languages are not simple, and I have to remind myself so I dont get bumbed out about not being "fluent" yet... it takes constant practice, and it can be discouraging... sometimes the words I want just dont come out - and with the majority of my days filled with the English language, Spanish classes are just what I have been craving... i have already met some wonderful people to say the least, Germans, English, French, Finish, Japanese... and it is such a nice change of pace! sitting facing the whiteboard instead of standing infront of it! Putting the grammar, vocabulary, and countless hours studing this language back into practice is very refreshing!
I have also added yet another highlight ot my weeks - samba reggae dance! instructed by my dear roommate kimmie! I love it, I love it! and that's all i need to say about that for now - it is just simply great.
Although my classes are still challenging and time consuming... I have found a steady rhythm, and it is so cool being a whitness to their great progress! Viva la vida
... once again, I am still missing everyone at home - you all fill my heart daily

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Claire,wonderful to read your most recent post. Wishing you well with your spanish classes and have so much fun dancing with Kim.

Be well and safe.

Love,
Aunt Barbara

February 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home